If you have flood insurance, there is a possible means to get reimbursement for some costs associated with "Flood Loss Avoidance" such as the cost of sandbags and other barriers utilized to protect your home. This is not a Township program, and you must file a claim with your insurance agent.
CLICK HERE for more information from FEMA about this program and its requirements.
CLICK HERE for a fact sheet from FEMA.
CLICK HERE for details about what is covered under the NFIP.
A copy of  The State of Emergency Declaration by St. Clair County may be needed by your claims adjuster when filing a claim. Contact them directly at 810-989-6965 or at https://www.stclaircounty.org/Main/contact.aspx?id=emerg_mngmt